Nancy M. Green
Nancy M. Green
- Family Law
- Real Estate
- Trusts and Estates
- Matrimonial Law
Ms. Green started her legal career at a mid-sized law firm representing lending institutions in residential and commercial real estate transactions and foreclosures. She then worked at smaller firms where she gained further experience in real estate, matrimonial law, family law, commercial litigation, appellate practice and trusts and estates.
Ms. Green routinely appears in matters in the Supreme Court and Family Court and has significant trial experience. Ms. Green has successfully argued appeals in the Appellate Division for the First and Second Departments. Ms. Green has substantial experience in international family law and has successfully litigated international child abduction cases and represented clients in international custody/visitation and child support matters, Ms. Green has also litigated matters before the Surrogates' Court in New York County and Kings County.
Ms. Green has significant experience in transactional real estate matters representing clients in both residential and commercial real estate transactions. In the context of a divorce, when real estate is required to be sold or transferred to another spouse, Ms. Green is able to assist clients in effectuating these transfers.
Ms. Green and Ms. Burger began their professional affiliation in 1995 when Ms. Green was appellate counsel for Ms. Burger's predecessor firm. Ms. Green and Ms. Burger formed a professional partnership in 2007. In 2019, they formed a professional affiliation with Mr. Min when he joined the firm as a partner.
Ms. Green has an excellent track record both in and out of court with many satisfied clients.
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- State University of New York at Binghamton, Binghamton, New York
- Major: Law and Society
- New York, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1992
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2013
- Brooklyn Journal of International Law - Associate Managing Editor
- Samuel W. Rover and Lewis Rover Award for Excellence in Medicine and the Law, 1991
- In the Matter of the Extradition of Atta: Limiting the Scope of the Political Offense Exception, 17 BROOKLYN J. INT’L LAW 447 (1991)
- Squicciarini v. Oreiro, 99 A.D.3d 605 (1st Dept. 2012), 2012, Appellate Division 1st Dept.
- Melissa C.D. v. Rene I.D., 2014 WL 1699092, 2014, Appellate Division 1st Dept.
- New York State Bar Association
- New York Women Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers Association
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators
Current Employment Position